Replacing or repairing a roof can be a costly affair. There are numerous roofing materials on the market, but how can you decide what’s best for your roofing needs? At City2Surf Roofing Sydney, we have decades worth of experience in the roofing business. We’ll work within your budget to get you the most affordable and high-quality roof for your property. Below, we’ll discuss the signs that your tile roof needs replaced, and why replacing it with colorbond roof might be the right choice for you.
What are the signs a tile roof needs replaced?
Usually, only a few tiles on a roof will need replaced, while the rest of the roof can remain intact. Missing or cracked tiles can be easily replaced, but what if they don’t match? Here at City2Surf, we’ll do our absolute best to match your tile’s colour, shape, and manufacturer. But sometimes it’s not possible for the roof match. If your new tiles look different than the rest of the roof and are in a spot that’s visible, you might want to consider replacing the entire roof.
Also, tile roofs don’t last forever. A tile roof can show signs of wear and tear only fifteen years after it was first installed. And most tile roofs don’t last longer than fifty years. If you’re experiencing roof leaks, water damage in the attic or the on the eaves, you may need a replacement roof.
Why should you replace a tile roof with colorbond?
One of the biggest concerns our customers have about their terracotta and concrete tile roofs is the weight. A tile roof is extremely heavy and requires the underlying housing structure to bear several tonnes. This can put undue pressure on the walls and especially, the foundation. But a colorbond roof is much lighter. Below are the most common reasons why someone will replace a tile roof with a colorbond metal one:
- Metal roofing is lighter
- A colorbond metal roof offers better thermal properties.
- Minimal maintenance – only requires that you ensure no leaves collect on the surface.
- Colorbond metal roofs have a higher tolerance for heat and flames: they are non-combustible.
- Metal roofs are more secure from break ins.
- A colorbond metal roof can withstand more extreme weather and hail storms than a tile roof.
Metal roofs are also environmentally friend and 100% recyclable. A metal roof will reflect the sun’s rays, keeping the inside of your home cooler, and saving you on energy bills. Also, colorbond roofing is stylish. While a terracotta or concrete tile roof can look charming and traditional, metal roofs are slick and offer their own unique curb appeal.
What are the cons of metal roofs?
- When rain or hail, or twigs and sticks hit a metal roof, you’ll know it. While other roofing materials will diminish and absorb sound, a metal roof won’t do this so efficiently. But, the insulation under the metal roof will dampen some of the noise.
- Some metal roofs are more prone to dents than others. Copper and aluminum are softer materials and more dent prone. But colorbond steel roofing materials are more durable and less likely to dent from hail or other debris.
- Sometimes homeowners will balk at the initial, upfront costs of a metal roof installation. But like with all things, you get what you pay for. A high-quality metal roof can last you a lifetime, requires minimal maintenance, and can significantly reduce your energy bills. Plus, they add curb appeal and can increase your home’s value.
While concrete and terracotta tile roofs are appealing and long lasting, they’re heavy and difficult to match replacement tiles. Also, they require far more upkeep than a colorbond metal roof. A metal roof will offer you significant energy savings over the long-haul, too.
If you’re looking to replace your tile roof with colorbond metal, give us a call today. At City2Surf Roofing, we’re highly experienced roofing repair and installation specialists in the Sydney area. When you call us, we’ll come out and inspect your property at a time that’s convenient for you. We’ll thoroughly inspect your roof, and listen to your wants and needs for a repair or installation. From there, we’ll get you a free, no-obligation quote. We offer transparent pricing, and tailor your quote to your specific roofing repair and installation needs. If you’re ready to make the switch from heavy tile to light, energy-efficient colorbond metal, then give us a call today.