Roofing is one of the most important structures of a house, and choosing the right type of roof can impact your costs in the long-term. Choosing the right type of roof for your home and deciding what other elements to add to it is an important decision and it depends a lot on your budget, expectations, and the climate you live in.
In this article, we will discuss the advantages of a metal roof and what you need to consider when deciding to add a skylight to it.
Why Choose a Metal Roof?
Metal roofing has numerous advantages over roofs made of asphalt, concrete, or natural stone. Metal roofs are one of the best options for your home, because:
- They are energy-efficient: by choosing a highly reflective color, you can save a lot of money on regulating the temperature in your home, especially when dealing with the extreme temperatures of the Australian climate.
- They are fire-resistant, which is a huge advantage during the bush fire season.
- They are affordable and considerably cheaper than natural tiles.
- They are long-lasting and have a life-span of over 50 years, compared to asphalt roofs that only last for about 20 years before needing major repairs or replacement.
- They are light-weight, which can be a major advantage when building a new house and establishing its structural resistance.
As you can see, metal roofing is great for homes in Australia, and experts like City2Surf in Sydney can offer great deals on your roofing project.
Why Add a Skylight to Your Roof?
The biggest advantage of having a skylight installed on your roof is that it lets in a lot of natural light. If your attic is a living space, making it well-lit is a must. They also let fresh air inside your home, making the indoor environment healthier and more pleasant.
Skylights also contribute to the overall design of your home, being an attractive element both from the inside and from the outside.
Things to Consider When Adding a Skylight to Your Metal Roof
Before you decide to install a skylight on your metal roof, it’s important to know what are the pros and cons of such an addition.
It all comes down to how well the skylight is installed in your roof. If the contractor doesn’t know the particularities of a metal roof, they can make mistakes that can cause damage and make the skylight a problem for you.
Experts from City2Surf Roofing can add a skylight to your metal roof, making sure that it’s installed properly, insulated against water and wind, and positioned perfectly so that it maximises the amount of light and the efficiency of the roof structure.
Skylights mounted by our company are aligned to the same standard of quality we keep for our roofing services, to ensure a lasting life-span and efficient insulation and protection from outside elements.